Albania is situated favourably position in the Mediterranean, north of Greece, South of Montenegro and
East across a few miles of the Adriatic Sea from Italy. The following are the entry points into the country:
Albania Land Borders
Border checkpoints between Greece and Albania
- Kakavija, the southern border with Greece, leads to Gjirokaster in Albania from Ioannina
- Kapshtica, the south-eastern border with Greece, leads to Korca from Kastoria
- Qafe Boti - Konispol links Igumenitsa with Saranda
- The Three Bridges border crossing takes you from Konica to Përmet
Border checkpoints between Montenegro and Albania
- Through the Hani Hotit boarder from Podgorica to Shkoder
- Through Murriqan-Sukobina boarder from Ulqinj, Budva & Bar to the town of Shkoder
- Through the Grabom boarder point which links Podgraica and Tuzi with Tamare, Lepushe and Vermosh
- You can now enter from Vermosh, from where you may be linked to the region of Kelmendi in Albania
and Plava Gucia – Montenegro
Border checkpoints between North Macedonia and Albania
- Through Qafe Thana leading to Pogradec, Elbasan and Librazhd
- From Tushemisht, you reach Pogradec
- From Bllatë, you can reach Peshkopia, Bulqiza and Burreli
- From Gorica the road north of Prespa Lake takes you to Korca
Border checkpoints between Kosovo and Albania
- Qafa e Prushit
- Qafe e Morinës
Albania Sea Borders
- The port of Durres relates to the Italian ports of Bari, Brindisi, Ancona, Trieste and Koperin in Slovenia.
- The port of Saranda Daily movements performed with the island of Corfu.
- The port of Vlora Relates to Brindisi and Otranto.
International Airport "Mother Teresa" (also known as Rinas) is the main International Airport of the
country approximately 20 kilometres from Tirana and has many direct flights from Europe. Main city
connections include London, Paris, Rome, Vienna, Madrid, Barcelona, Zurich, Athens, Frankfurt, Milan,
Bologna, Budapest, Istanbul etc.
The city of Tirana is linked with the airport by bus service. Departure for the airport is made from Kafe
Flora station every hour to the airport.